Launch Your Future With Walden’s BS in Business Administration Program
Are you looking to grow in your organization—or jump-start a new career? Walden’s BS in Business Administration program is the smarter, more efficient way to redefine your future in business.
Our online bachelor’s in business administration program can help you develop the personal leadership skills you need to make an impact in your current role and advance your long-term career growth. You’ll engage in cutting-edge digital business simulations, allowing you to experience real challenges happening in today’s workplaces.
For this program’s core courses, Walden has moved to a 100% physical textbook-free format, eliminating extra cost and hassle. Our BS in Business Administration program also offers a transfer-of-credit allowance, saving you time and money by recognizing your previous academic accomplishments.
In our personal leadership course, you’ll build skills, confidence, and self-awareness that impact every aspect of your career.
Our capstone is a competitive, team-based business simulation exercise that immerses you in a realistic business challenge.
With proactive student support services and engaged faculty, you’re never alone in your program. We’re always here for you.
If you are eligible to apply prior coursework toward your degree program, you could save time and money.
Course-Based: Receive up to a $4,800 Grant if you reside in the U.S. and start this program on August 30, 2021. Contact one of our Enrollment Specialists to learn more.Get Started Now
A Bachelor’s in Business Administration Program Recognized for Excellence
The BS in Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The program is part of Walden’s School of Management, which was the first recipient of the ACBSP’s Silver Achievement Award in recognition of the academic excellence of our programs. The School of Management also received the 2019 Minnesota Performance Excellence Award, Advancement Level.
Two Ways to Learn
Choose from two degree completion options that are both designed for working professionals.
The course-based format may be a good option for you if you prefer an instructor-led approach and learning on a predetermined schedule.
Tempo Learning® is an alternative way to earn your Walden degree. It’s different from our standard course-based learning because you can work at a pace that makes sense for you, and progress once you’ve shown you understand a subject. With Tempo Learning®, you have the flexibility of online learning, plus the ability to personalize and control the length, cost, and pacing of your program.
Learn how to manage a company’s books and records, prepare and read financial statements, and strengthen your knowledge of taxation, auditing, and managerial accounting.
Explore how data can be leveraged to help organizations solve problems and stay competitive in a fast-changing business climate.
Gain insights into the key financial management levers of an organization and learn how to effectively assess and guide its financial operations.
Examine the various functions, roles, and responsibilities associated with healthcare management.
Explore how to drive success in talent acquisition and retention, productivity, and positive social change in the workplace.
Learn how to evaluate technology, develop methods for assimilating new technology, and manage large, complex projects.
Explore the roles and functions of managers while examining issues and challenges that many managers face today.
Explore the decision-making skills needed to manage marketing resources and activities in domestic and global contexts.
Develop essential management skills to help grow your existing business or face the demands of launching a new business.
Admission is considered for adult students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You are 21 years of age or older.
- You are less than 21 years of age with at least 12 quarter credits.
- You are an active member of the military or a veteran with documentation of service.
More information for international applicants.
Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM)
Earn up to 25 master’s-level credit hours by taking graduate-level courses as an undergraduate. This allows you to complete both degrees in less time than earning each degree separately. Learn more about Accelerate Into Master’s (AIM).
Change Your Life With an Online Degree in Business Administration
You don’t just want a job; you want a career. Earning your BS in Business Administration from Walden can provide you with the credibility, skills, and self-confidence it takes to achieve your goals. Our online bachelor’s in business administration is a practical program focused on the issues and challenges confronting today’s workplaces, whether in management or marketing. Benefit from a clear roadmap and a definitive structure along with all the tools and support you need to excel.
Jack McDonaldProgram Director
Dr. McDonald has held a variety of managerial positions in marketing and marketing research consulting fields, including being the president and partner in a large, closely held firm. His experience includes all facets of marketing as well as strategic management and operational roles.Read Jack's Bio
Shannon LynchAcademic Coordinator
A certified human resources professional through SHRM, Dr. Lynch has served in various capacities at Walden for more than 17 years. Having also been a school administrator for a number of years, she has the unique background of being both an educator and a human resource practitioner.Read Shannon's Bio
Harry KempContributing Faculty
Dr. Kemp is a retired fire-rescue lieutenant and data analyst with more than 25 years of experience. He is also a certified firefighter, hazardous material technician, and emergency medical technician. Dr. Kemp was awarded the Walden University Frank Dilley Outstanding Doctoral Study Award for 2017.Read Harry's Bio
Learning Outcomes – BS in Business Administration
As a graduate of Walden’s online BS in Business Administration program, you’ll be prepared to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental business principles and practices that enable firms to operate in both domestic and global environments.
- Employ critical thinking and analysis skills to solve business problems in a real-world context.
- Analyze ethical issues that impact business decisions from economic, political, legal, and social perspectives.
- Describe the ways in which diversity influences a company’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Evaluate the application of technology as a strategy for competitive advantage in business.
- Conduct basic research using scholarly sources to acquire new knowledge in the business domain.
Earning a bachelor’s in business administration degree can provide you with critical leadership and soft skills today’s business professionals need to pursue advanced roles in the workplace. Gain a deep sense of personal satisfaction while opening the door to new job opportunities.
A BS in Business Administration can prepare you to pursue career options such as:1
- Sales representative
- Retail store manager / supervisor
- Business development / sales manager
- Business / management analyst
400,000+job postings across the U.S.2
A BS in Business Administration can prepare you to work in settings such as:
- Healthcare and social services
- Finance and insurance
Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.
The level of attention I got from the professors at Walden made me really happy. You would have thought I was in a classroom and I sat down at their desk every day to talk to them.
Chris Rey BS in Business Administration Graduate
Less than three months after I earned my bachelor’s degree from Walden, I was promoted to a juvenile probation officer.
Lenora J. White BS in Business Administration Graduate
When I have a goal, I do anything to accomplish it. I moved to Charlotte to pursue my career as a NASCAR driver. Walden University gave me a great opportunity to continue my education in an accredited university even when I am traveling all over the country to race.
Bryan Ortiz BS in Business Administration Graduate
FAQ About Walden’s Online BS in Business Administration Program
While you know a BS in Business Administration can help you start or advance your career, you may be unsure of how to make earning one feasible. For many working adults, online learning makes earning a degree possible. Through an online degree program—like the one offered by Walden University—you can complete your degree from home. Plus, you don’t have to take classes at a specific time of day. Instead, you can complete coursework at whatever time of day fits your schedule, allowing you to take care of work and other responsibilities while you earn your degree.
When you choose to earn your business degree at Walden University, you will have a number of focus areas to choose from, in addition to the general program. Concentrations offered include:
- Accounting – Gain valuable career skills, from managing a company’s books and records to preparing and reading financial statements. Strengthen your understanding of taxation, auditing, and managerial accounting.
- Data Science – Explore how data can be used to help organizations problem-solve and stay competitive in a rapidly changing business climate. Courses in this concentration were designed in partnership with IBM.
- Healthcare Management – The healthcare industry is transforming. This concentration is designed for professionals who are interested in gaining the insights required for a healthcare management or administration role.
From versatility to marketability, there are many reasons you should consider earning your business administration degree. Here are just a few:
- It’s marketable. A bachelor’s degree in business administration can provide you with the skills and knowledge today’s employers are seeking.
- It’s versatile. With a BS in Business Administration, you can pursue a wide variety of career paths or go on to graduate-level studies.
- It’s practical. A bachelor’s degree in business administration will help you gain practical, relevant, real-world skills that can be applied in a diverse array of roles, functions, and industries.
- It’s current. When you enroll in an online bachelor’s degree program in business administration, you’ll receive a cutting-edge business education designed for today’s fast-paced, global business world.
- It’s challenging. Whether you study on campus or online, you’ll be constantly engaged as you explore the diverse array of courses required for a BS in Business Administration degree.
Every industry has employees who work on the business side of things, handling tasks like account management, marketing, sales, and analysis. As such, a bachelor’s in business administration can prepare you to work in all kinds of industries. However, some industries are more in need of business professionals than others. Some of the top industry sectors hiring those with a BS in Business Administration include:
- Insurance carriers
- College, universities, and professional schools
- Software publishers
A business degree can lead you down a variety of career paths. It all depends on your specific interests and skills. Do you like analyzing data? Are you more of a people person? Do you have a knack for persuasion? Whatever your preference and abilities, a bachelor’s in business administration can help you find a job you’ll enjoy.
Some of the top job titles for professionals with a BS in Business Administration include:*
- Business analyst
- Account manager
- Financial analyst
- Marketing manager
- Project manager
- Sales manager
- Sales representative
- Human resources manager
- Office manager
*Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.
Have a Question?
Chat with a BS in Business Administration Enrollment Specialist.Chat Now