We're Here for You
At Walden, our goal is to help you reach yours. Our suite of student services is designed to support the success of busy, working professionals like you. We’re here to offer guidance so you can thrive in your degree program and achieve your goals.
How Can We Help?
We believe in making online education personal. That means each one of our student services is backed by a dedicated support team. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re just a call or click away.
Our student services specialists are available to guide you through every step of your academic journey. From determining financial aid options to mapping out a plan for success, we’ll be there.
- Enrollment : As you begin to explore Walden, our Enrollment Specialists serve as your guides. Get information about programs, the online learning experience, admissions requirements, the online application process, and more.
- Financial Aid: Before you enroll, Financial Aid Advisors work with you to identify available resources to help fund your education.
- Academic: After you enroll, you’ll be assigned a Student Success Advisor who will answer your questions about university policies and procedures, help you acclimate to the online classroom, track your academic progress, and guide you through a wealth of student resources.
Call 844-675-1612 to speak with a Walden Enrollment Specialist and learn more about admissions requirements, transfer of credit, and more.
Career Planning and Development
If you’re looking to change careers or advance in your current one, we can help plan the next steps.
Our Career Planning and Development Center provides personal, one-on-one guidance and online networking events as well as essential career tools and resources, including:
- Webinars, videos, and expert advice on searching for a new job, exploring career options in your field, starting a business, building your professional brand, and more.
- Professional assessments that identify your strengths and skills.
- OptimalResume, a career management system featuring self-guided tools to help you revise your résumé or CV, write effective cover letters, and create an e-portfolio.
- Strategies for conducting strong interviews, evaluating job offers, and negotiating your salary.
Technical Assistance - We're Ready to Help 24/7
We can help you navigate Walden’s online learning environment and assist you with any administrative and technical issues.
Our Customer Care Team are experts dedicated to making your experience both productive and rewarding. Customer Care services include:
- A self-paced online orientation that introduces you to Walden’s online platform.
- Technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Assistance in locating textbooks, assignments, and other learning materials essential to your studies.
- Support in accessing other Walden student resources.
Connect with Walden’s Customer Care Team by phone, e-mail, and online chat.
Technical Requirements and Recommendations
To help ensure your success as a Walden student, we have technical requirements and recommendations you should review. These include a proficiency in using e-mail, the internet, and common desktop productivity software. You can learn more by going to the Walden University Catalog, where you can find more information on:
- Software requirements
- Technical recommendations
- Tablet/laptop recommendation
- Additional software/hardware technology requirements
Questions? Connect with Walden’s Customer Care Team by phone, e-mail, and online chat.
Student Wellness and Disability Services
From the online classroom to in-person residencies, we strive to meet accessibility needs and provide a seamless experience for all students. Walden offers several types of assistance, including:
- Granting qualified students extra time to complete assignments and tests.
- Offering course materials in alternative formats, including enlarged text or text-to-speech software programs.
- Renting specialized equipment, such as electric scooters and Hoyer lifts, and hiring local service providers, such as sight guides, sign language interpreters, or captioners for qualified students attending academic residencies.
Connect with Walden Student Wellness and Disability Services:
- Email: [email protected]
- US students telephone: 1-800-925-3368, ext. 3121205
- International students telephone: +1-612-925-3368.
Our online library provides anytime access to more than 4.8 million dissertations; over 189,000 electronic books; more than 91,000 full-text journals; and 170+ databases. It also includes tutorials and webinars to help you use research tools and resources more effectively.
Get personalized support from our library staff, including:
- Guidance on the research process.
- Assistance in developing search strategies and tips on effectively navigating databases.
- Direction on finding resources outside of the Walden Library.
Center for Research Quality
The Center for Research Quality provides access to a wide range of online services and the advice of trained research staff in support of the highest ethical standards in research.
From your first course to your dissertation, the center offers guidelines and sample projects to support your success.
Get help with:
- Identifying grants, fellowships, and other sources of funding for your research project.
- Submitting your research to Walden’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) to ensure it conforms to the highest ethical standards.
- Finding resources for publishing and presenting your research.
Office of Academic Support
Looking to refresh your skills or improve your work in a certain area? We offer personalized support and tutoring services as well as online tools and courses to help you achieve academic success.
Academic Skills Center
Our CAEX courses, seminars, and doctoral writing workshops can help you strengthen skills that impact your current coursework and beyond. Credit is granted for most CAEX courses but does not apply toward online degree program requirements. Courses focus on topics that include graduate writing, APA style, and critical thinking for social change. View the course descriptions for quarter and semester courses.
The Academic Skills Center also offers individual and group tutoring support in multiple areas, including course-level statistics, math, and Microsoft Word formatting. New undergraduate and doctoral students can request a peer mentor to receive tips, guidance, and advice from experienced Walden students. View the peer mentor tips and advice page for peer advice on a variety of subjects.
The Writing Center
Our staff of dissertation editors and writing tutors is ready to help you find and refine your scholarly voice, working with you one-on-one online and in person at academic residencies. The Writing Center provides:
- Advice on the writing process, from concept to final draft.
- Free tutorial services on APA style, grammar, and more.
- One-on-one consultations on course papers.
- Recommendations for additional writing guides and resources.